Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Bottle Photography










I was just playing around with some photos today. I sometimes get an idea in my head of a certain picture and wonder if I can capture it or not. Sometimes it works and most of the time not. So, I thought I would just go for it and see what I come up with. Practice! Practice!

I started with a bottle that I tied a few trinkets on and braved the freezing cold weather and started snapping away. The sun started fading by the time I got out there, but I don't think they turned out too bad. It's just fun to see what the pic turns out to be after you snap it. I just have a regular old Sony digital camera. I have just started playing around with it.

I think this is therapeutic for me. I love to create vignettes. I don't know why, but I just do. I think this is a great way for me to create. Until I can have my own shop to actually display the items and sell them this is a way for me to get images from my head to the computer if you will!

Certain images spark an inspiration for me. I was thinking of Valentine's Day and just thought of an old bottle with a key and ribbon. "A key to my heart", I don't know something like that! Then I thought of the beautiful white snow, that we have plenty of around here, and thought why not try it as a backdrop. I might do some other items with it like a satin red fabric and a silver tag with the word love on it tied to the bottle. "Message in a Bottle". The possibilities are endless...

(The first image reminds me of an Anthropologie ad with the texture of the clear glass bottle and the old concrete urn with the hint of ribbon.)

What do ya think? What do you do that is a fun way to get your creative juices flowing?


(All pics mine. I used one as my new blog header. My fave one.)

1 comment:

Lanette of Cottage Elements said...

Donna, beautiful pictures. Have you shoveled yourself out from all the snow? I know you've been really gotten socked this year!