Tuesday, April 3, 2012

concrete or white ceramic

We are progressing with the basement! The drywall is up and we are now awaiting the messy mudding and taping part. As all that is being done I need to make a decision on which bathroom sink I want to get! Oh the pressure. I have it narrowed down to 2 choices. I have a rustic industrial look going on downstairs so I am having my carpenter build me a wooden base for the sink. This sink will be used by the kiddos and the rest of us. The basement houses the family room, a kitchen, and also the kiddos! So, I don't want it to be all childish, because these kiddos are growing up fast, but I don't want it to be too fussy that they are going to be out of place in it.
So, here's what I have come up with:



I love this! A very rustic and industrial feel to me. The one I can get my hands on will not look like this soapstone sink in this pic, but it will be concrete with more of a light gray color. Still can get the look just with a little bit different material. I love the wood base under this sink. I am also thinking the base will be larger than the sink so I would have room on either side of the raised sink to allow for placing items on the wood. I will put baskets underneath for stuff and will have a linen closet close by so won't miss out on any storage. I am just a little scared about the concrete. Will it stand the test of time, 3 kiddos, or will it look like crap and I will hate it after awhile!


I love this too! With this scenario I won't be able to have the dual faucets, but I really like the clean lines of the white sink with the rustic wood and the industrial light on this one. I will do the wood base like in the pic above because it is not in an alcove like this one. I am doing brushed nickel faucets so it will have a little different look, but I think it would tie in with the metal light. I will not have white walls either. I will probably do a more neutral beige or greige color and am trying to find the tiles that look like hardwood.

So, this is my dilemma. Which would you choose? Stay tuned for an update on which one I decide to go with and how it turns out! Wish me luck!

1st image: Urban Farmhouse
2nd image: Two Ellie

No comments: