Tuesday, January 17, 2012

It's been way too long!

Wow time flies by! I am way behind on my updates on the new house! We are still working away on trying to get it the way we want. The kitchen really is the only thing that is pretty much set. I want to get some curtains to hang over the patio door and some artwork on the wall by the dining table but everything else is good.
The living room will change when we get the basement done so I am still working on that. The kiddos are moving to the basement so their rooms have to wait for that to be done also. We should be starting in the next week on getting that in progress. Yay! So things are still changing around here. Here are some pics of inspiration for the boys' new room:


















I can't remember the source of this one. Thinking maybe an HGTV.com dreamhome













Got this off of Pinterest. Sorry don't know the source





I would love to have a sliding barn door for the door into the boys' room. Not in yellow, but in a faded red color. We are wanting to do loft beds, but with this rustic look of the bunk beds shown. We are doing a desk under the beds to help with space saving. They are sharing a room and we need to utilize every square inch! I have been searching high and low for an old Chevy tailgate that I want to use as artwork on a barn sided wall. We'll see if I can come up with some of these cool items and will let ya know. So, for now that's what I got. Hope to see some progress soon and I will give you a sneak peek as we go. Here's to hoping the builder shows up soon so I can start on the fun stuff!!














1 comment:

Emma said...

the barn door would be such a cute idea, I am sure that they would love it. And I love the idea of a loft bed, one day when I have kids they will all have lofts!!!! Can't wait to see how the room turns out. :)